CM Equity Partners (“CMEP”), a mid-size private equity firm, is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to support the team by helping with investor relation functions and taking on administrative responsibilities. It is a great opportunity to get an in-depth look into the daily activities of a private equity firm, gain exposure to a wide variety of areas, and work with a talented group of partners.
Candidate must be an energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial, “roll-up-your-sleeves” approach and have a strong interest in finance.
- Attend firm meetings with portfolio company management and potential target acquisitions
- Support investor relation functions:
- Analyze and compile quantitative data from portfolio companies to create investor reports
- Assist in preparing regular investor reports, correspondences, and additional distributed materials
- Answer investor requests and questions
- Process large mailings
- Ensure accuracy of documents being sent out
- Review incoming confidentiality and fee agreements
- Maintain databases:
- Keep internal trackers and databases up to date, including Salesforce database
- Handle group processes:
- Process and reconcile expenses
- Coordinate travel arrangements and schedule meetings both internally and externally
- Manage and troubleshoot e-mail issues with third-party application service provider
- Assist with maintenance of CMEP’s website
- Take on ad hoc projects
- Able to work 15-20 hours per week
- Current student majoring in Business, Economics, Accounting, or Finance
- Display initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness with assignments and projects
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and administrative proficiencies, with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a timely manner
- Have professional, friendly demeanor, along with solid oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit strong research skills and attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Outlook mail-merge
- Possess basic accounting knowledge
About CM Equity Partners
CM Equity Partners (CMEP), based in New York, NY, provides capital to companies in the Federal services and aerospace and defense industries. For nearly thirty years, CMEP has partnered with management teams to build value in its investment companies by leveraging its long-standing industry knowledge, relationships, operating experience, and its corporate finance, M&A, and private equity expertise.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.