New York, NY
Carl Marks Management Company (“CMMC”) is an NYC-based firm focused on investing in middle market distressed, stressed and special situations credit opportunities, and has a consistent record of strong performance since its founding in 1987. CMMC is often active during restructuring processes and stays involved with companies after completion of financial restructurings. CMMC also invests in performing stressed and special situations credits that it feels have superior return potential for the risk incurred.
We are seeking an Analyst to become an integral member of a seven-person investment team. The Analyst will participate in all aspects of the investment process.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assist in identifying attractive opportunities for credit investments across various industries
- Conduct independent credit, valuation, and industry analyses
- Create and maintain detailed financial models
- Review key legal documents, including credit agreements, indentures and intercreditor agreements
- Consolidate due diligence findings to provide detailed overviews, discuss merits and/or weaknesses of potential investments, and other relevant conclusions
- Participate in calls and meetings with management teams, industry experts and other buy-side and sell-side professionals
- Assist in managing existing portfolio companies and investor communications
- 1-2 years of experience in investment banking, preferably in leveraged finance, or at a credit fund
- Excellent accounting, financial analysis and modeling skills
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research, identify and assess key issues, and synthesize results
- Resourceful, detail-oriented team player with strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with colleagues and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related business field
- Starting salary $80,000-$120,000
- Bonus potential of 50% – 75%
CMMC is an equal opportunity employer.