New York, NY
Carl Marks Management Company (“CMMC”) is a NYC-based investment manager focused on investing in middle market distressed, stressed and special situations credit opportunities, and has a consistent record of strong performance since its founding in 1987.
Our markets are presenting more opportunities and we are seeking an experienced buyside marketer to complement our investment team and drive growth in AUM.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive and systematic marketing strategy to support the launch of a successor drawdown fund and build AUM of an existing evergreen fund.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of CMMC’s investment strategies and markets.
- Manage communications with existing investors.
- Identify, cultivate and close prospective institutional, family office and high net worth investors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant investment consultants to broaden the reach of CMMC’s funds.
- Develop collateral material such as investor decks, videos and web presence.
- Attend select conferences and cap intro events.
- Demonstrated track record of fundraising for credit-focused alternative asset managers.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role with a highly regarded asset manager.
- Strong investor network covering family offices, consultants, high net worth and institutional investors.
- Self-starter and process-driven with strong organizational skills and disciplined follow-up.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Location and Compensation:
- New York City based with a minimum 2-3 days per week in office.
- $200,000 – $300,000 base salary with significant upside from bonus and potential equity participation.
- Healthcare and retirement benefits.
CMMC is an equal opportunity employer.