Chip AuWerter is an experienced senior operations and finance executive. He has provided advisory services and has led in an interim management role over 40 turnaround, crisis management, restructuring and/or bankruptcy engagements. His functional background includes finance, operations, business planning, and product development. Chip is particularly skilled at assessing troubled situations, developing and then implementing comprehensive turnaround strategies, and working with company management to improve internal operating practices.
Mr. AuWerter has provided turnaround, crisis management and general advisory services in numerous industries, including Automotive, Aerospace, Metal Fabrication, Transportation, Publishing, Consumer Packaging, Consumer Products, several segments of Healthcare, Food Processing, Paper and Electronics industries, among others. He has also provided services in the public sector and for some non-profit organizations.
Some representative client engagements include:
- Financial Advisor for a print and digital media company focused on the retail market;
- Financial Advisor for a Proprietary Electronics Components manufacturer serving automotive and other markets;
- CRO and then CFO for Long Haul Transportation company;
- COO and CFO for specialty Food Packaging company;
- Financial Advisor and then Interim CEO for niche Beef Slaughter and Packing company;
- CFO for leading Recreational Vehicle manufacturer
Before entering the turnaround profession, Chip was CFO and then SVP Operations for Invacare Corporation, a $1.2 billion manufacturer of durable medical equipment. He had full P&L responsibilities for operating and financial performance of a 5-plant manufacturing operation, engineering, marketing, and finance. Prior to that, he was a management consultant with Booz Allen, which included an engagement with the senior management of Chrysler Corporation during their turnaround in the early 1980’s. Chip began his business career with Ford Motor as a product line manager.
Mr. AuWerter earned a degree in Industrial Engineering from Lafayette College and an MBA from the University of Michigan. He is a Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP).